SAC 100 Club
Join the SAC 100 Club for chances to win cash prizes each month!
The Stratford upon Avon AC 100 Club raises funds designated specifically for the refurbishment of the Jubilee Track at Stratford School and the purchase of Track & Field equipment for the benefit of Stratford upon Avon AC members and the Stratford community under agreement with Stratford School.
The SUAAC 100 Club is run as a private society lottery with people in the club or people directly associated with the club via members e.g. friends and family guests.
The 100 Club is designated as a lottery and as such it has to have three essential ingredients i.e. payment is required to enter the game, there is always at least one prize and prizes are awarded purely on chance. Funds must be raised for a good cause and cannot be run for private or commercial gain.
I’ve been very aware this has only been possible by all those who volunteer their time and energy into the club. So when Paul and Carolyne recently approached me to see if I would help on the 100 fund raising club I was more than happy to get involved.
Do get in touch if you’d like to buy a share in the 100 club, all the money goes back into the long term refurbishment of the track and the purchase of Track and Field equipment. To get in touch either email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or grab me on Tuesday drop off/pick up (U13) where you’ll normally see me dressed ready for a run around Stratford (that’s me in the photo so you know what I look like). And if you’d be interested to understand how else you can get involved please please do catch me, Paul, Carolyne or any other volunteer as if everyone involved can support our grass root clubs in some way, no matter how small, it will really make a big difference. There’s always something that you can help with and as a busy wife and full-time working mum, the 100 club works well for me, and given my own enjoyment of running and most recently some swimming (watch out the triathlon club I’m seriously thinking about joining!), it’s all about putting something in to get a lot more back…
SUAAC 100 Club
- Membership of the 100 Club is limited to members of SUAAC or people directly associated with the club via members e.g. friends and family guests.
- Members of the club buy numbered shares which go into a monthly draw. People pay the same price for each share purchased i.e. £4 with a limit of 4 shares per individual.
- The rights created by purchasing the share are non-transferable.
- When the draw is made a percentage of the profit is given as a prize and the remainder goes to the designated fund specifically for the refurbishment of the Jubilee Track at Stratford School and the purchase of Track & Field equipment.
- Shares cannot be sold to the general public
Where does the draw take place?
The Jubilee Track or Stratford Sports Club.
Does SUAAC need a licence?
No specific permission is required to run a private small society lottery and SUAAC do not need a licence from the Gambling Commission to run the 100 Club.
STRATFORD UPON AVON ATHLETIC CLUB – 100 CLUB RULES
- The 100 club will operate as a Small Lottery as defined by The Gambling Act 2005.
- The object of the Club is to raise funds for Stratford upon Avon Athletic Club designated specifically for the refurbishment of the Jubilee Track at Stratford School and the purchase of Track & Field equipment for the benefit of Stratford upon Avon AC members and the Stratford community under agreement with Stratford School.
- The Club shall be administered by two administrators (Helen Roach & Carolyne Johnston) overseen by the SUAAC Treasurer. A designated accounting fund will be allocated to the 100 Club.
- The draw will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of the month during Junior Club sessions by one of the 100 Club administrators or occasionally at the Stratford Sports Club. There will always be an independent person in attendance to witness the draw.
- Any SUAAC member over the age of 16 years can become a member of the 100 Club and family and friends of SUAAC members are encouraged to join.
- The 100 Club shall not be limited to 100 members.
- Members must fill in an application form and set up a Standing Order. Once an application has been approved an email will be sent with a draw number/s.
- The subscription to the 100 Club for one number (share) will be £4 per month payable monthly in advance by a monthly Standing Order.
- Members may have, and are encouraged to have, multiple shares and will be allocated a unique number for every £4 share limited to 4 per individual which will be placed in 12 monthly draws. The unique number/s will remain the member’s provided their subscription is up to date. Members Subscriptions will renew automatically on an annual basis.
- The 100 Club will be run on an annual basis commencing on 1 May each year. There is no provision to opt in/out on a month by month basis.
- Admission to the draw will commence in the month following receipt of the subscription provided subscriptions are up to date. Members joining after the start of the normal 100 Club membership year will be entered into the next available draw following payment.
- A member is eligible for inclusion in the draw as long as the subscription for that month has been paid. Unless otherwise advised a member will be deemed to have left the 100 Club if his or her renewal of subscription remains unpaid for a period of one month.
- Members wishing to leave the 100 Club should do so by informing the Administrator and cancelling their Standing Order.
- The Administrator will keep a register recording the name and contact details of each member, the number/s allocated to them and the subscriptions received. The relevant numbers of all paid up members will be entered into the draw each month.
- A members personal details will not be shared as per the SUAAC GDPR process.
- Prizes will be reviewed annually and will be dependent on the number of members. The regular monthly prizes fund will be :-
- 1st prize = £100
- 2nd prize = £ 50
- 3rd prize = £ 25
- The 100 Club administrators will make all reasonable efforts to pay prizes to winners within a reasonable period after the monthly draw. Prize winners will be notified by email to all 100 Club members and payment made to the winners by direct bank payment.
- Prize winners will be listed on the Stratford upon Avon Athletics Club website and in the Newsletter each month after the draw. If a winner cannot be contacted, after 6 months the winnings will be placed into the Stratford Athletics Club funds.
Revised October 2021
SAC 100 CLUB – APPLICATION FORM – FOR PRINTING: