New Member Info – more details
More information if you’re thinking of joining us
If you are thinking of joining Stratford-upon-Avon AC then you might like to join us on one of our training runs. We meet on Wednesday evenings at The Sports Club, Swans Nest Lane, in Stratford (see map below). If you head down for 6:45-7:00pm, the runs start at 7.15pm.
A number of different pace groups go for a run around Stratford. Guidance as to which group to run with can be gained by speaking to whoever is in charge that evening, or any of the other members in attendance. Distances covered by the various groups can be anywhere between 3 and 8 miles.
There is also a group called the ‘chaperone group’ for people who are either new, or wish to run at a steadier pace than the other groups. The chaperone group is led by an experienced runner from the club.
The Sports Club has changing rooms, toilets, showers and a bar area where you can grab something to eat and drink and have a chat after your run.
When considering whether to join us you might also like to try a training session on the track. These take place at Stratford School on Monday evening, commencing at 7pm. This usually comprises interval training, which means running repetitions of certain distances (anything between 100m and one mile) to help build speed and stamina.
A summary of all our training sessions is below:
- Monday night is track night at Stratford High School (7pm). Free to members.
- Tuesday night is Circuit Training at 7pm at the Stratford High School hall. This is an externallly organised event and costs £5.
- Wednesday night is club run night or club race night (see calendar below). We usually meet at the Sports Club at the far end of Swans Nest Lane. Meet every Wednesday evening except the 1st Wednesday of the month which is an organised club run for members. Free to members.
- Saturday morning is swimming at Shipston pool at (7am) and a long run in and around Stratford (9am, meet at the Sports Club). Free to members.
- Saturday afternoon is a swimming session at Shipston on Stour Pool. This is for Juniors and there is a lane for adults. This session carries a small cost to cover the cost of hiring the space.
- Sunday is a long run starting from Stratford Sports Club (8am). Not on every Sunday – check in advance for information.
- If you would like to contact us before joining us for a training session, then please feel free to email our Senior Membership Secretary, Kate Barrett on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note when planning your first visit, that an internal club race usually takes place on the first Wednesday of the month. There will not be a regular training session on this evening.
Becoming a member
There is no requirement to sign up for membership until you have attended at least a couple of training sessions. If you do attend for a few weeks we would encourage you to become a member so that you can enjoy the benefits of being part of the club.
The Membership Year goes from April to April, and costs £95 for the full year (which includes a parking permit for the Sports Club car park). From October onwards the price of membership goes down progressively as we near the end of the membership year. Joining in October costs £40 for membership up to the end of the membership year which is the end of March. See the application form for details.
Once you’ve decided that we’re the club for you, simply click Membership Application Form – here to join us.
Running for the club
When you have joined the club you will be able to take part in races as a Stratford AC athlete. We take part in road races, cross-country, track & field and triathlon. Our members participate across a range of distances, at a range of different speeds!
So whatever your athletic aspirations, we will be delighted if you pull on the Stratford Upon Avon vest and race with us. We keep all our club members informed of forthcoming events that might be of interest.
Please don’t hesitate to approach any of our members at a training session or event if you have any queries. We are a friendly bunch and will be only too happy to help out.